Glad that there's now a CRA Module, but found that we weren't able to use it because of a few reasons. Wondering if these features could be considered?
1. There's a few CRA requirements that don't seem to be satisfied:
the signature of an individual authorized by the charity to acknowledge gifts -- you can do an electronic signature in computer font, but is that considered an authorized signature?
- the location where the receipt was issued (city, town, municipality) -- I talked to CRA and they said it needs to be specified, separate from "the name and address of the charity." Right now, there's no field to do this.
2. Ability to do a single tax receipt per donor, with their total donations per year, rather than by transaction. We have many donors who make monthly donations, and often to multiple designations. So if they give to four designations, they would receive 48 tax receipts! We'd much prefer to send one tax receipt per donor per year.
- We would love to be able to number our receipts in a way that includes the donation year, i.e. YYYY-[Donor ID], or YYYY-0001 (then increment up). So it'd be great to be able to change the structure each year.
4. A more customizable template. We'd love to ability to make other changes to the look of the template.
Please sign in to leave a comment.