All of the information that you will need regarding features and fixes released in the May 2020 product update.
COVID-19 Response - Events:
- Introduces the ability to convert event registrations into donations. The event registration record will be marked as cancelled, and a new donation will be added to the order for the amount of the event registration. Acknowledgements can be sent for the newly-created donation record. A corresponding new system email and letter condition are also available.
- The new Virtual Meeting URL field has been added to the Event Location section of events. It is also available as a token in the Event Registration and Event Reminder acknowledgements.
- Introduces a redesigned user interface for the Fundraising Campaigns list which includes new features and improved display options:
- Data visualization, two filter options, and search & export utilities have been added to all views.
- Choose from compact view for a simplified display in which you can configure the columns, or comfortable view which includes increased data visualization.
- The hierarchy view can be selected to see relationships between parent and child campaigns, and the data rollup view allows you to include child campaign totals within the parent campaign.
- New fields are now included for Projected Total and Outstanding Pledges.
- Parent campaigns can no longer have more than two generations of child campaigns beneath them. Existing data exceeding this limit will not be affected, but you may receive prompts when attempting to edit these campaigns or use the data rollup view.
- Introduces a new version of the NeonCRM API that adopts many modern RESTful API conventions to improve the development experience with the API.
- Adds new methods for working with standard custom fields and events that are not available in API v1.
- Get started with the new API docs.
Navigation & Search:
- We've made some search enhancements to improve user experience when using the global search:
- The arrow and enter keys can now be used to move between and select search results.
- You can now search by Preferred Name.
- Fuzzy matching and nickname matching are now supported when searching.
- Search results are now ordered to surface more relevant results, prioritizing full word matches and recently-viewed records.
- The "Show More" results pages for accounts, households, campaigns, and events have been updated.
- We've made multiple improvements to Velocity Control settings:
- To help prevent spam, Velocity Control settings have been enabled by default in all NeonCRM databases. To learn more about these settings, please refer to this guide.
- A new setting, "Failed Online Payment Limit", has been added. A CAPTCHA will automatically be added to all front-end payment forms for 24 hours if a large number or ratio of failed payments is received over the course of 1 hour.
- A new system notification email will be sent to notify all active administrators of potentially suspicious activity when the above setting is triggered.
- We've adjusted the default thresholds for the maximum number of transactions and form submissions allowed from a single account or IP address within 24 hours.
Emails & Letters:
- Adds the Donor Covered Fee Amount field within the Payments section of the system default Event Registration system email & letter.
- Updates the metadata labels sent to NeonPay for the fields NeonCRM Org ID and Account ID to "Org ID" and "User Account ID", respectively. Historical data created prior to this release will continue to use the legacy labels.
- Adds default selected output columns to the Household Report.
- Updates the Email Report's Email Type search criterion to include all email types.
- Allows administrators to see the name and email address used for the Eventbrite integration, as well as disconnect the connected Eventbrite account.
- Fixes an issue where matching addresses merged by Account Match updated to the incoming data's format and abbreviations, rather than retaining the formatting of the existing address.
- Ensures that various scenarios for primary contact address updates are applied to the associated household address.
- Fixes an issue where store orders and waitlisted event registrations did not appear in merge history detail pages.
- Updates the "Started on" field in the Recurring Donation Schedules tab of the Donations account section to display the first donation date, not the date on which the recurring donation schedule itself was created.
API & Developer Tools:
- Fixes an issue where imported memberships would trigger the Update Membership webhook whenever the nightly scheduler ran.
- Fixes an issue where an error was returned when completing a company custom object form as a logged-in constituent if a validation rule was present.
- Fixes an issue where users could not view accounts via the API if their custom user group lacked the "Email Audiences" permission.
Emails & Letters:
- Prevents system notification emails from being sent to pending administrators. Users must have the status of active to receive these emails.
- Fixes an issue where failed workflow emails could not be resent via the Sent Emails list.
- Fixes an issue where no validation was in place to prevent the Donation Anniversary system email or letter from being enabled when an email or letter version had not yet been created.
- Updates the operators included in the Donation Only Includes Donor Covered Fees condition available for the Donation Appreciation system email and system letter.
- Optimizes the load time of attendee lists for events with event custom fields.
- Fixes an issue where repeating activities were creating new activities beyond the specified "Repeat Until" date.
- Fixes an issue where a newly-created user did not immediately appear in the System User dropdown menu for activities, grants, and prospects if a record had been previously created in the same browser session.
Navigation & Search:
- Fixes an issue where the global search would return results alphabetically instead of providing the closest match. For example, searching for "Lisa" will now return "Lisa Example" before "Analisa Example".
- Fixes an issue where an error message could occur when viewing daily Account Match & Queue notifications.
- Fixes an issue where the NeonPay Refund system email in NeonCRM was not being triggered when refunds were initiated from directly within NeonPay.
- Fixes an issue where certain types of CSS present in web templates could hide NeonPay payment fields from front-end forms.
- Fixes an issue where the Stats Report did not accurately capture accounts if multiple transaction types were selected in the scope and a "total amount" or "total count" range was specified.
- Fixes an issue where an error would be encountered when running the Stats Report if multiple transaction types were selected for the scope and account note-related search criteria and output columns were included when running the report.
- Adjusts the wording of the Current Member Report's report scope to note that accounts whose memberships expire on today's date will still be captured.
- Addresses a rate limiting issue which caused some Constant Contact data to not properly sync to NeonCRM.
- Fixes an issue where users with apostrophes in their names received an error when attempting to edit any Constant Contact integration settings.
- Fixes an issue where addresses without a zip code suffix synced to QuickBooks with a hyphen ("-") following the zip code.
- Fixes a display issue where spaces were missing between individual accounts' first and last names in the Test Workflow option.
- Fixes an issue where merging accounts linked to households which had been created by a different user would result in the Action Log incorrectly displaying the user who performed the merge.
- Fixes an issue where a company match was not removed from the Partial Match Queue if a contact with different information was set as the primary contact for one of the matched accounts.
- Ensures that the default sort order of various list pages is consistent.
User Groups & Permissions:
- Fixes an issue where users with the Duplicate Management permission but not the Edit Account permission received an error when merging duplicates via the Partial Match Queue.
- Fixes an issue where unlimited characters could be entered into the Project Name field, but only 99 were retained.
- Fixes an issue where notes were not added to multiple time sheets created at once.
- Fixes an issue where a deleted time sheet note could still be edited if multiple notes existed on the time sheet and the user navigated between them.
- Fixes an issue where sub-members did not appear in the constituent login portal if the company account had an active membership as well as a more recent membership with the status of pending, cancelled, or failed.
- Adds Gross and Net totals to Charges. Amount, Net, and Gross will now appear on the Charges table, export, and detail page.
- Only the first 8 digits of a charge ID display on the Charges table. If you copy that ID, the full string will still be copied to your clipboard. To see the full charge ID, navigate to the charge record.
- Adds a Charge ID column to the transactions section of the Payout detail page and its associated export.