In 2015 Microsoft released Edge as the browser to supersede Internet Explorer (IE). Since then IE has not received major updates, or added support for many modern web standards. Microsoft recently discouraged the use of Internet Explorer as a default browser.
To allow us to continue to take advantage of modern web standards to deliver improved functionality and the best possible user experience across NeonCRM, we have decided to end support for IE11.
What does end of support for IE11 mean?
- End of support means we will not fix bugs that are specific to IE11, and will begin to introduce features that may not be compatible with this browser.
When is this happening?
- NeonCRM will end support for IE11 on Feb 15th, 2020.
What this means for you?
- We will no longer fix any bugs specific to IE11.
- New features that are introduced to NeonCRM may not function in IE11.
- In preparation for the end of support dates, we recommend switching to one of our supported browsers.
- Supported browsers include the most up to date versions of: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- We recommend updating your browser regularly to ensure you’re using the most secure version.
The NeonCRM Team