All of the information that you will need regarding features and fixes released in the January 2020 product update.
- Introduces a new My Devices page in the SSO Portal that lists the devices and web browsers which have been used to access your user account.
- When a user logs in via a new device or web browser for the first time, they will receive the New Device Login notification email.
- When a user resets their password, they will be logged out of all associated devices and must log back in.
- Introduces the ability for users to save filter selections on updated list pages. You can now configure your preferred filtered views for these pages.
- Introduces a redesigned user interface for the Product Payment Report within the Store Orders list which includes five new filter options as well as search and export utilities.
- Introduces a redesigned user interface for the Product Sales Report within the Store Orders list which includes six new filter options as well as search and export utilities.
- Introduces a redesigned user interface for the Product Transaction Report within the Store Orders list which includes six new filter options as well as search and export utilities.
- Activities, grants, and prospects can now be bulk re-assigned to different users.
- Updates the NeonPay metadata and description for NeonCRM charges to include more relevant and human-readable information.
- Membership custom fields are now available as search criteria and output columns in the All Accounts Report and Mailing Report.
- Preferred Name is now available as an output column in the Email Audience Report and Event Attendee Report.
- Payout Date is now available as an output column in the Itemized Transaction Report.
Adds the ability to maintain saved mapping and sync history when disconnecting and reconnecting NeonCRM to the same QuickBooks Online company account.
- Fixes an issue where users had to hit Tab twice in order to move from the First Name or Company Name field when creating new contact or employment records.
- Fixes an issue where fulfilled orders could not be marked as unfulfilled via the Store Orders account section.
API & Developer Tools:
- Fixes an issue where errors would occur if a large number of account creation API requests which included individual or company type parameters were concurrently sent.
- Fixes an issue where users without custom object permissions could see custom object records when viewing a transaction or account which was associated with that custom object via master-detail or lookup relationship fields.
- Fixes an issue where registering for an event with sessions while operating NeonCRM in multiple browser tabs could prevent the event session cost from being applied to the registration.
- The Donations & Pledges list's "Created On" column header (in the compact view) and sub-header (in the comfortable view) have been changed to "Donated On" to reflect that the manually-editable Date field populates here.
- When creating suggested donation amount sets, the entire recurring or one-time amount section can now be left blank, and $0 can no longer be entered as an amount. This addresses an issue where entering $0 into an amount field would result in the suggested donation amounts list appearing blank to back-end users.
Neon Payment Processing:
- Corrects the wording on the Respond to Dispute page to note that evidence may only be submitted once for a dispute.
- Removes the "I provided the customer with" checkbox field from the Respond to Dispute page.
- Fixes an issue where an error occurred when sorting by the Donation Amount output column in the results of the Soft Credit Report.
- Fixes an issue where accounts with donation dates were captured by the First Donation Date is Blank search criterion in the Donor Report.
- Ensures that only the current names of store products will appear in the Product Sales Report, Product Payment Report, and Product Transaction Report accessible via the Store Orders list. Previously, the name of the store product at the time of the transaction would be displayed.
- Fixes an issue where MailChimp email statistics would be cleared if the recipient's NeonCRM account was not opened within 3 days of the email being sent.
- Fixes an issue which prevented Eventbrite registrations created after 12/30/2019 from syncing to NeonCRM.
- Prevents users with the "no access to donation amount" permission from seeing refunded donation amounts via the Action Log's summary column.
- Prevents users without permissions to view certain transaction types from seeing refunds for those transaction types via the Action Log.
- Fixes an issue where an extra Action Log entry was created when an account with a transaction was merged into an account which had a different name, reflecting that the name on the transaction has changed.
- Prevents existing pinned notes from being updated when performing an account batch update via the Import Manager. New pinned note records will now be created under these circumstances.
User Groups & Permissions:
- The Delete Inventory permission has been removed, as it is no longer possible to delete inventory records via the redesigned Store Inventory list.
- Fixes an issue where custom forms would not load if they contained multiple dropdown custom fields with a large number of field options.
- Fixes an issue where peer-to-peer fundraising pages could not be created via front-end forms if the the "Enable card swiping on front-end payment forms" setting was enabled in Global Settings.
- Fixes an issue where the processing fee in the Billing Information section of front-end transaction forms did not properly update if a different donation amount was manually entered when selecting Pay Now for a recurring donation as a logged-in constituent.
- Fixes an issue where the processing fee in the Billing Information section of front-end transaction forms did not display, or did not display correctly, on one-page donation forms for recurring suggested donation amounts.
- Two-step verification is now required for all NeonPay users.
If you don't already have it enabled, you'll receive a prompt to do so when you next log in. For instructions, please see this guide.
- The New User Created notification email will now be sent to all of your organization's existing NeonPay admin users when a new NeonPay user is created.
API & Developer Tools:
Changes the name of the Public API Key used in developer tools to "Processor Public API Key".
- Fixes an issue where numeric values in metadata were not included when exporting the Charges list.
- Fixes an issue where the Net Total field included canceled and failed charges in both the charge detail and the related export.
- Fixes an issue where the Status badge in the Charges list would expand to two lines if the Description field contained a lot of content.
- Fixes an issue where some weekly and monthly payouts were incorrectly adjusting after weekends or holidays, resulting in unexpected delays.