Most organizations use a single Gateway to process all of their online payments. Setting up multiple gateways will allow different bank accounts to receive the money from different Neon Campaigns, Events, Store Products, and Membership Levels.
Setting up Multiple Credit Card Payment Gateways
The ability to add multiple payment gateways is disabled by default, but it can be enabled at no additional cost.
Step 1: Ensure you have access to alternate gateways
A single Neon Payment Processing account can only connect to one bank account. Therefore, you will need to establish relationship with an additional, third-party gateway. It is not possible to set up multiple Neon Payment Processing accounts. Submit a support ticket to request access to third party gateways.
To see if you have access, navigate to: Global Settings cog > Global Settings > Payments & Transactions > Payment Gateways
If you already use a third-party gateway, skip this step.
Step 2: Request access to Multiple Gateway Settings
Submit a ticket to the support center to request that the Multiple Gateway Settings be enabled for your system. If you are submitting a support ticket to request access to alternate gateways, combine these requests.
Step 3: Set up a third-party gateway account
In addition, you will need to separately establish multiple payment processing accounts. Contact one of these supported gateways. Once you have an account with them, add them as one of your gateways.
Once these are complete, you can configure your gateway mapping here: Global Settings > Multiple Gateway Settings.
Upon selecting one of these items - Memberships, Events, Campaigns, or Store - you will see a list of those items. Click edit next to one you wish to assign to a different gateway.
On the next screen, use the drop-down menu. You will see a list of all enabled payment gateways.
If you select "NO_SETTING," the campaign will use your Default Gateway. Any Memberships, Events, Campaigns, or Store products not mapped to a specific gateway will use whichever Credit Card Gateway you have set as the default.
- While you can setup multiple credit card gateways, only one gateway account can accept ACH/eChecks.
- When making a payment via an online form, a constituent can choose their payment method (i.e., Credit Card, E-Check, or Deferred/Pay By Check). However, if they opt to pay by credit card, the constituent cannot choose which credit card gateway processes their payment. Neon will use whichever gateway is specified in your gateway settings mapping.
- You cannot send data to multiple gateways in a single transaction. When processing a payment for a shopping cart with multiple items, Neon will find the highest priced item in the shopping cart and use its designated gateway to process the entire payment. In other words, Neon cannot split a total payment amount and charge it separately through different gateways based on your gateway mapping - it will always be processed as a single payment via one gateway.
- When Multiple Gateway Settings are enabled, you will see options to map Memberships, Events, Campaigns and/or Store purchases according to the modules included in your NeonCRM subscription.
- When Multiple Gateway Settings are enabled, system users can select their desired payment gateway when setting up a Recurring Donation Schedule or Auto-Renewing Membership through the back-end of NeonCRM.