Approve or deny new applications as they come in.
As time goes on, volunteers will stop working with particular programs. Mark this in Neon.
On the Project Details page, you can view a summary of project's information, as well as a detailed list of the volunteers assigned to this project.
From here, you can view how many hours/miles/expenses your volunteers have contributed to this project. As on the Project List, hours/mile/expenses marked as pending will link you to the related time sheets page.
From the Project Details you can also
- Edit or Delete the project.
- Assign constituents and system users.
- Email the volunteers for this project.
- Set active volunteers as Inactive. They will no longer be able to submit new time sheets for this project and will not be active for this project in reports. Previously created time sheets for this project will be saved.
- Set inactive volunteers as Active. They will be able to create time sheets for this project and will be included for this project in reports.
- Delete a volunteer from the project. The volunteer will no longer be assigned to this project and all of their associated time sheets will be deleted.
Submitting Time Sheets
Volunteers can self-report the hours, mileage, and expenses from their volunteer service with timesheets.
A Volunteer must be assigned to a project by a System User to submit hours in the login portal. After logging in, they click on “My Projects” in the navigation menu.
This page will list all projects to which they are assigned and a summary of the hours/expenses/mileage they have contributed to each.
To view specific time sheets or to create a new one, click Time Sheets.
This will bring up the My Time Sheets page. Here, constituents can view and Edit existing time sheets or create new time sheets for their assigned projects by clicking New Time Sheet.
Constituents will need to select the project they worked on, then which week they were involved, then, they can start entering total hours/expenses/miles for each day.
Save Time Sheet saves the time sheet with a status of Still Working, indicating the volunteer would like to come back and possibly add more hours.
Save and Submit for Approval flags the time sheet as ready for review by an administrator - i.e. Pending Approval.
Until the time sheet is Approved by a system user, it will remain available for edits by the constituent.
Approving Time Sheets
System Users can "sign off on" submitted time sheets.
Navigate to: Volunteers > Time Sheets
Use the filters at the top of the screen to view hours submitted by Project, Volunteer, Status, or Time Sheet Start Date.
Filtering the Status to Pending Approval shows you the time sheets that are marked as ready to be approved, though time sheets can be approved from a status of either Still Working or Pending Approval if you need.
Approve time sheets in bulk by checking the box next to each time sheet and clicking Approve.
Alternatively, you can view the details of each time sheet before approving it. Click View Time Sheet.
From here, you can see the breakdown of what was contributed each day. You can either Approve the time sheet, Edit it, or Email the constituent to ask for more information.
Editing will give you the chance to adjust what was entered on each day. You can save your edits as
- Approved - This is the official amount submitted. It is included in totals calculations and the constituent can no longer make adjustments.
- Pending - Flags the time sheet as ready for approval by a system user. The constituent can still review and make adjustments.
- Still Working - The time sheet is not yet ready for approval. The constituent can still make adjustments.
For grant reporting, honoring your volunteers, and annual reports, you will need to gather data on your volunteer program. Here's where to find information.
To calculate volunteer hours, filter the Time Sheets page. If you need to do additional data manipulation, export to Excel.
To see all current volunteers in a project, use the status filters in the volunteer project. You can easily email everyone from here as well.
You can also query volunteer data in Reports.
The volunteer columns and criteria available in New Reports are: Assigned Projects, Total hours, Total miles, and Total expenses. These totals include the cumulative total of hours, expenses, or miles for all projects. Pending timesheets will not be included in the totals.
You can find Volunteer columns and criteria in the following reports:
- Mailing Report
- All Accounts Report
- Household Report
- Email Audience Report
- Donor Report
- Member Report
- Event Registration Report
- Event Attendee Report