For each opportunity someone can elect to volunteer, create a volunteer project. This could be
- Gala check in table 4:30 - 6 pm
- Gala check in table 6 - 8 pm
- Office Support
- Tutoring Youth
- Lesson Planning.
You can publish a project so that constituents can apply for it, or keep it private and internally assign. Only System users can create projects, and nobody can be assigned to a project without a system user's approval.
The Project List is found under Volunteers > Project List.
Click Select Columns to change what information is shown about each project.
Filters at the top allow you to drill down to more specific projects based on category, event, date, status and whether the project is available for applicants online.
Totals shown in blue as "Pending" have not yet been approved by a system user. Click these numbers under Volunteers to see pending applications, or under Hours/Expenses/Mileages to see pending time sheets.
Have several related volunteer projects? Manage Categories.
Once your project category is created, you can add a project to your category by editing the project.
To create a new project, click the "New Project" button.
Enter your project name and other details.
- Project Name – This is what the project will be called throughout NeonCRM and on the public Project List.
- Contact – This is which system user is managing this project. If the system user has an email address in System Settings, assigned Volunteers will be able to contact them at that email address.
- Category – This is a way of sorting your different projects. To manage categories, see above on the Project List page.
- Event – Similar to Category, you can organize your projects by associating them with specific events in your NeonCRM.
- Start/End Date – When the project will be taking place. Projects will not remain on the public Project List after the end date.
- Status – Whether or not people can still contribute time sheets to the project. Active projects remain available for time sheet submission, even if it is past their end date.
- Available Online - This setting determines whether the project will be listed on your public Project List.
- Location Information - Helps your volunteers sort projects based on location, and of course tells them where to go to help.
- Description - Your description can contain any additional information that was not available above.
Find & edit your volunteer application. Then, copy the URL to your website. Be sure someone is watching for new potential volunteers!
Navigate to Forms & Pages > Forms & Pages Home and open the Volunteer Projects List. This serves as the first page of your volunteer application, serves for applicants to express interest. The next page of the application collects potential volunteers' information.
You can configure the content of the volunteer application by navigating to Configure Fields & Sections and adjusting the Volunteer form(s).
Link to this volunteer application on your website and/or social media. Direct new applicants to this link.
Someone will remain an applicant, or potential volunteer, until someone approves them to a Project. Your volunteer coordinator should review volunteer applications & approve volunteers to specific projects on an ongoing basis.
The new volunteers who fill out the application will automatically be visible in the Volunteers module. However, you already have some volunteers from before you started with this new system. Designate that your existing volunteers are in these projects by doing one of the following.
Have just a few volunteers? Head down to Step 2.Have many volunteers? First, add all of the volunteers in a particular project to a volunteer group based upon the attribute you added.
- Navigate to the project in question.
- Assign Constituents.
- Search for their Names OR their Volunteer Group to add them to the Project.
- If you need to receive a notification about new volunteer applicants, turn on your Account Creation System Email & BCC yourself.
- If you want existing accounts who apply to volunteer to receive an email, create a Workflow for this purpose.