If you want to successfully launch a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign you will want to create an easy to follow set of instuctions for your fundraisers to create and launch a page. Below you will find a sample set of step by step instructions. We recommend that you take screen shots of each step using your organization's website and forms. You will want the screen shots to compliment the written instructions.
The first step will be for you to set up a campaign that has peer-to-peer fundraising enabled. Please see our guide on Peer-to-Peer Fundraising for System Users to learn more.
After you have set up your peer-to-peer fundraising campaign, you will be provided with the Create Fundraiser Link. That will be the link that you put on your website or send in an email invitation.
Step 1: Click on this link: [insert your Create Fundraiser Link] to create an account in our system and setup your fundraising page.
Before you start, find a photograph for yourself and/or your team that you will put on your fundraiser page.
Step 2: You will end up on a login screen. You have 3 options: create a new account, sign in to an existing account, reset your password.
- If you are new to our organization or not sure whether you have an account go ahead and click on the Create New Account button.
- If you already have your username and password, go ahead and login with it.
- If you know you have an account use the forget your password get help link.
Step 3: After you have created your account or logged into your existing account, you will see in a drop down menu the [Campaign Name] and click on the Create Page
Step 4: Set up your page! Make sure you:
- Decide whether you want to give your fundraising page a name other than your name that is selected by default.
- Set up your personal goal
- Upload a picture
- Put in between 2 and 3 sentences about why you are participating and what our organization has meant to you.
- Hit Save!
Step 5: Go to the Team tab and decide whether you want to:
- Fundraise on your own
- Start a team and become a captain
- Join somebody else's team
Note: If you choose to start your own team you will be able to upload and additional photo for your team page and add a couple of sentences about your team. Make sure to give your team a name as well!
Step 6: Go to the Share My Page option and copy the email to send out to your friends and family. If you would like to post on social media please use the social media links at the bottom!