You can export data from FileMaker Pro using the Export Records feature. The instructions below discuss how to use this feature and are applicable to FileMaker Pro versions 13.x, 12.x, 11.x, 10.x, 9.x, and 8.x; as well as FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.x, 12.x, 11.x, 10.x, 9.x, and 8.x.
- Open FileMaker Pro file and display a layout that shows the records that you want to export
- Find and sort the records to export
- Go to File menu > Export Records
- In the Export Records to File dialog box, type a name and choose a location for the file
- In the Save As box, select the file type of CSV
- For the After saving options, choose Automatically open file
- In the Specify Field Order for Export dialog box, indicate how you want FileMaker Pro to export the data
- When the Specify Field Order for Export dialog box opens, the tables list defaults to Current Layout (LayoutName) and displays only the visible fields on the current layout. To display all field names from the current table, choose Current Table (TableName) from the list.
- If the current layout contains tab panels, then only the fields that exist on the current tab panel are displayed in the Specify Field Order for Export dialog box.
- Select Move All to export all fields
- Click Export