Constituents can access their NeonCRM account information and transaction history (i.e. donations, event registrations, memberships, store purchases) with your organization from your Constituent Login Portal.
It's best practice to encourage your constituent to log in to their existing Neon account before filling out one of your forms, as this helps to reduce the number of duplicates in your database.
Constituent Pages are simpler than Public pages.
- Logged-in constituents have shorter standard forms because you already have their information.
- Logged-in constituents prevent duplicates because the form recognizes their account.
- Encourage your constituents to log in before filling out your forms.
- Activate the Encouraged Login Page.
- View these pages by creating a test account.
Constituents can find records of their account and transactions.
- They can view and change account information like address and custom fields (whichever fields an admin makes available on the constituent account page).
- View their membership status and history.
- View their donation history and print transaction details for their records.
- View upcoming events and registrations.
- You can configure which transaction fields are visible to your constituents.
You can add pages and links for your constituents only.
- Login Portal Message
- Add links to "What would you like to do?"
- Constituent restricted custom forms
- Secure Login Pages
Create login names and passwords for accounts or ask constituents to create their own.
- Batch update accounts with login names and passwords
- Encourage constituents to create a login using <reset password>
- Use social media to log in instead.