Welcome to NeonCRM!
This guide is the first in a series providing an overview of the most important items to take care of once you receive your live NeonCRM system. This guide lists the items that should be configured for all NeonCRM systems.
1. Familiarize yourself with the NeonCRM training and support options
NeonCRM offers several training and support options:
- Knowledge Base: written guides about the system
- Recorded Training Videos: recorded group trainings
- Community Forum: connect with other NeonCRM users and post feature suggestions/feedback
- Technical Support: submit technical incidents and questions to our support staff online. Your NeonCRM package includes access for up to 2 people to submit technical questions.
- 2017 Webinar Series: we offer regular live trainings that are open to all NeonCRM users focusing on
expert strategic advice on topics important to your nonprofit.
- Private Training & Consulting: receive personalized assistance from a Neon consultant via phone and screen share conferencing. Request a consultation here.
2. Get to know the NeonCRM interface
Take a quick tour of Neon’s Home Screen and learn how to navigate your way around (guide). Find out where components are located and what their functions are so you can get the most out of your NeonCRM.
3. Set up your System Users
You can add unlimited staff access to NeonCRM and create unlimited user groups with different permissions (guide). Up to 10 users can be logged in at the same time.
4. Import your data
If you chose to self-import your data, you can do your import once you have access to your system (guide). Please consider there are limitations to types of data that can be self-imported (guide). We have spreadsheet templates for each data type that you can download (guide).
5. Configure your credit card/e-check gateway
NeonCRM integrates with Bluepay, Authorize.net, IATS, Forte Payment Systems, PayPal Pro and Vanco Services for processing credit cards and/or e-check. Once you connect one of these processors to NeonCRM, all of your transactions will be processed through NeonCRM seamlessly (guide). You will want to ensure that the gateway is properly connected by doing a live test (guide) and ensure that all the correct credit card types are active (guide). Different gateways can even be setup for different transaction types in NeonCRM.
6. Fill out your Organization Profile Page
Fill out your Organization Profile by going to System Settings > Home/Dashboard > Edit Organization Profile (guide). This information will populate tokens (aka email/mail merge fields) in system emails and system letters.
7. Set up your system emails
System Emails are automated emails generated by certain triggers in NeonCRM, such as making a donation, purchasing a store item, and more. You will want to configure these before you go live, so that your system emails reflect your organization (guide).
8. Set up your system letters
You can configure the content of your System Letters (guide), which are the hard copy versions of System Emails. With pre-configured Letter Templates, you can quickly and easily mail merge letters (guide).
9. Configure your front-end forms
NeonCRM generates forms for you out of the box, such as a Standard Donation Form, New Member Registration Form, and more. Many of our clients choose to have us copy their website template for their NeonCRM forms (guide), but we can also just add a simple header image or logo (guide). You can customize these forms to add or remove fields as well as require certain fields (guide). Once your forms are ready to go, you can link them to your website (guide).
10. Configure your constituent login portal
The Constituent Login Portal allows your constituents to create login names and passwords so that they can update their contact information, view their donation history, renew their membership, and more (guide). If you would like to encourage your constituents to create login names and passwords, you can send them a welcome email (guide).
11. Begin Writing a Policies and Procedures Manual
We strongly recommend that you create a written policies and procedures manual that is specific to your organization’s use of NeonCRM. Writing such a manual is best done once you are familiar with Neon and have made firm decisions about how you want to use the system. Download a sample Policies and Procedures Manual for NeonCRM here.