A letter template is a graphical layout for your mail merged letters. When you use a template, it’s like a shell that holds your content. When you’re building a template, you’re not actually building an letter. You’re making the graphical container for your message, which you’ll fill in later.
NeonCRM currently gives you two options for configuring letter templates. You can use:
Standard templates are simple templates with a single editable content area. You can use NeonCRM's template builder or upload your own custom HTML template.
The letter template builder is a quick way to generate a simple HTML letter template. You can find this tool here:
System Settings tab > System Settings Home > Communications > Transaction Acknowledgements > Letter Templates
All your letter templates will be listed here. From this page, you can view, edit or delete existing templates. You can also build new standard templates or upload custom ones. All Neon systems come with a system Default template, which uses your Neon header image.
To create a new standard letter template, click Build New Template
All letter templates have a few basic settings:
- Template Name - Name your template so that you can easily identify it later.
- Set as Default Template - If checked, this template will become your default option when building System Letters.
- Template Type - This determines which type of letter template you will build. This is covered in greater detail below.
- Font Family - Sets a default font for the entire template. If you choose a different font in the WYSIWYG editor, the Font Family set here will take precedence.
Choose this option if you want to design a letter template in NeonCRM that will print on the paper.
This option gives you a template with three sections:
This diagram explains how they fit together:
The header section appears at the top of the template.
- Header Background Color - Click the box to select a background color.
- Header Section Height - In pixels, you can set the exact height of the header section. If you leave this blank, the height is determined by the content you enter.
- Header Horizontal Alignment - This determines whether the content entered below aligns left, center, or right. It can be overruled by the content editor.
- Header Vertical Alignment - This determines whether the content entered below aligns top, middle, or bottom.
- Header Bottom Border - This allows you to add a border between the Header Section and the Content Section.
The content section is not highly configurable because it will be populated by the content you create when setting up System Letters.
Content Background Color - Click the box to select a background color.
The header section appears at the bottom of the template.
- Footer Background Color - Click the box to select a background color.
- Footer Section Height - In pixels, you can set the exact height of the footer section. If you leave this blank, the height is determined by the content you enter.
- Footer Horizontal Alignment - This determines whether the content entered below aligns left, center, or right. It can be overruled by the content editor.
- Footer Vertical Alignment - This determines whether the content entered below aligns top, middle, or bottom.
- Footer Top Border - This allows you to add a border between the Footer Section and the Content Section.
Choose this option if you want a blank letter template that will print your letters on a letterhead that has already been printed. This option allows you to configure the margins so that your letter's content will line up with your letterhead.
When building a letterhead template, measure the margins on your letterhead and enter them below. Our system assumes your web browser print margins are already set to 0.5". Any value you enter will add additional margin space.
Every web browser and printer behaves differently. We cannot anticipate the subtle differences between how they will print letters. Additional adjustment in your web browser's print margin settings may be necessary to get the best results.
You can upload your own custom letter templates. See this article for more information.
System Settings tab > System Settings Home > Letter Templates > Upload Template