Limitations of the Import Manager
Importing Standard and Custom Fields
Import vs. Account Batch Update
Import Templates (optional)
Preparing your data for import (video)
Importing your data (video)
Assistance with Import
Assistance with troubleshooting imports as well as formatting data for import is only provided via consultation. For more information and to fill out a form requesting a consultation, please visit our NeonCRM Consultation page here.
NeonCRM's Import Manager allows you to import data into your system using .CSV files. The following types of data are available for import:
- Account data, such as names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers
- Donation data, such as donation amounts, dates, and payment methods
- Event registration data, such as event registration dates and amounts
- Membership data, such as membership level, cost, start date, and end date
A full list of fields that are available for import in NeonCRM is available in our NeonCRM Import Field Guide.
In addition, the Import Manager allows you to batch update existing NeonCRM accounts. A full list of fields available for account batch update is available here.
Certain types of data are not available for import using the Import Manager. These include (but are not limited to):
- Relationships - any links between accounts, including household, employment, and/or account relations
- Individual- and company-specific account custom fields
- Activities, prospects, and grants
- Secondary contacts
- Volunteer data
- Timesheet data
- Seasonal addresses
- More than two addresses
- Recurring donations
- Payments linked to pledges
- Pledge write-off amounts
- Soft credits
- Event sessions
- Event custom fields
- Multiple event attendees per registration
- General event custom fields
- Event-specific custom fields
- Events with multiple ticket prices, multiple attendees per ticket
- Membership auto-renewals
- Sub-members for household or company group memberships
- All Store data
Both standard and custom fields are available for import using the Import Manager. You may import custom fields for accounts, donations, and/or memberships. Custom fields must be pre-configured in NeonCRM before importing data into the field. For more information, please see the Configuring Custom Fields guide here.
Import refers to using the Import Manager to add new accounts to your NeonCRM system. Account Batch Update refers to using NeonCRM account IDs to update existing accounts in your NeonCRM system.
Note that a single spreadsheet cannot be used for both import and account batch update. If you have a spreadsheet that contains NeonCRM account IDs for existing accounts but also contains new accounts, you need to separate your data into two separate spreadsheets and use the Import Manager twice - once to update existing accounts using account batch update, and once to import new accounts.