As a service, Neon can build a web template for you that matches your website. When we build your navigation form, we are basically copying the header, navigation menu, footer content, and CSS of a specific web page and applying it to all of your Neon forms and pages so that they match.
You are still able to create alternate web templates & apply them as needed to fundraising campaign or event registration forms.
Here is the website for our example organization, Agloe Nature Center.
Here is Agloe's donation form with navigation:
The website's menu at the top of the page is fully functional.
For your Neon forms to match your website including the style, navigation links, background, header and footer, there is a one-time $300 fee.
Alternatively, you can have a basic template for your NeonCRM forms with a plain background and your logo image in the header section at no cost.
Here's how it works:
- Provide us with a URL to the web page that you want to be used as the web template for your NeonCRM forms and pages.
- We will copy the code/HTML/CSS of that page and build a web template that is then applied to all of your NeonCRM forms & pages. This takes up to 5 business days from the date you authorize the work order.
- Once the web template is applied, you can see that all of your public facing forms and pages now match the web page you provided. Links to your NeonCRM can be found under Web Content > Form Links & Landing Pages.
- If you have not done so already, your next step is to make your Neon forms available from your website. Click for our guide on this step.
Over time, your organization may make minor changes to your website (such as changing your navigation links). After your organization makes changes to your website, feel free to submit a support request with a detailed explanation of the changes that have been made to your website. We will then be happy to adjust your Neon web template so your website and Neon forms will always match each other.
- What types of items are not supported in Neon templates? Due to coding and compatibility issues, Neon web templates cannot contain certain forms of dynamic content.
- Facebook and Twitter feeds (links to Facebook or Twitter pages are acceptable and encouraged)
- RSS feeds (upcoming events widgets, automatically updating calendars, etc.)
- Flash images, videos, or applets
- Dynamically updating language options
- Navigation links that are "active" when on a specific page
- What does Neon recommend excluding from a Navigation form? Avoid the following since your web template does not update automatically and some elements have display or performance issues.
- Sidebars or narrow website content areas
- Time-sensitive information in the header or footer
- Animation, music, or video elements
- What if I have any of these items on my website? Please let us know if you have any of the above items on your website so we can omit them from your Neon web template.
- Does my web designer or organization have access to edit the source code? No, at this time we do not allow any programmers or web designers to have direct access to an organization's NeonCRM web template source code.
- If I make changes to my website, will the NeonCRM web template reflect that? No, it will not. Ideally your organization should submit to us a template that is relatively static and will not need many or any changes made to it. If a change is needed, submit a support ticket.
- Can changes be made to my template, even after first submitting it? Yes, absolutely. They will simply need to be submitted through the support center. Please provide our development team as much detail as possible in regards to what should be done. Providing screen shots will assist in this as well.
- Will you charge my organization for any changes to my template? Overall, we do not charge for minor changes in wording or navigation updates. However, if your organization completely changes the basis of the template URL we will need to invoice your for a new template copy ($300).
- I have files instead of a template URL. Should I submit those? No. We have found that the most efficient way to perform the web template copy is to provide us with a URL for a web page that has already been programmed. We prefer to not work with files that have not been formatted for view yet.
- Will my NeonCRM forms and pages still work during the template copy process? Yes, your Neon forms and pages will function normally while our developers work on your new template. You will still be able to accept donations and transactions during the template copy process.
- My website is being hosted on a development server before going "live." How can I ensure that the development links are not in my template? We can easily accommodate this important step. When submitting your template URL from the development site please make sure to tell our development team which links need to be replaced and with what (e.g. whenever there is development.nonprofitwebsite.org replace with the URL www.nonprofitwebsite.org)
- When do NeonCRM links go "live" on my website? The hyperlinks are with your NeonCRM system the moment you login to your system. We are always hosting them, but the general public will not know about them until your organization shares the hyperlinks. Click here to learn how to connect your website to the NeonCRM to make it "live" within minutes!
- How long does it take to create my Neon web template? New web templates will be available within 5 business days of the authorization date.
- If I have very specific style sheet instructions, can the NeonCRM accommodate those? We attempt to apply all coding provided us into the template, but sometimes our development team cannot accommodate very specific requests. Please submit these questions for specific review by our development team in the support center.
- My website is in Flash, do you work with that? Flash is an Adobe software built for displaying audio and video within webpages. Websites entirely built in Flash are not searchable by Search Engines and should never be used to build full websites. In the near future, some browsers will not support Flash at all. Based upon this, NeonCRM cannot render webforms or pages to be displayed in any website built entirely in Flash.
- What is the CSS that is generally used by NeonCRM for their clients? You can review that style sheet here.
- Can I edit the CSS on the template without contacting your support team?
Yes, you sure can! Navigate to Global Settings > Custom CSS. We will maintain the most recent code and also allow you to restore the previous version.
- What about the fields in the form itself? We will apply your CSS style sheet that affects how the fields display, but you can also edit your standard forms as well. Click here to learn how to do this. However, the web template copy and the field editing generally do not affect each other in any way.