You must follow some general guidelines:
- When designing web templates, you must create them as a single HTML file. All of the code must be contained within this document, including any CSS you want to use.*
- You must host your images on a web server. The easiest way to do this is to upload them to your NeonCRM image server, then build your template to reference the new location of these images.
- If you host your images on an external server, be aware you could compromise the security certificate, which will display warnings on some browsers.
- Your template must contain this tag in the code: <<content>> This tag tells NeonCRM where to put the content of the message within your email template or the campaign or event information within your web template.
- The region in which you have placed the <<content>> tag should be at least 600 pixels wide, with no defined height value. Below is an example of a very simple Email Template:
<table width="600" border="0" cellpadding="0">
- Unlike Email Templates, the code snippets shown below have no use in a Web Template.
A web template provides a formatted layout for NeonCRM web content. Alternate web templates can be applied to specific Events, Campaigns, and Custom Forms in place of your default template. To do this, you must first design the template, upload it to NeonCRM, then assign the template to your campaign, event or custom form.
The process for uploading a web template is nearly identical to uploading an email template. To upload a web template, navigate to:
Global Setting cog > Global Settings > Forms & Web Pages > Alternate Web Templates
From this page, either build a new template or click Upload Template to upload your own HTML template.
Give your template a Name to make it easy to identify later.
If you did not opt for the template matching service for your NeonCRM web pages, you will see an option to set this template as your system default. If you select that option, the uploaded template will be applied to all of your NeonCRM pages and forms.
Select your HTML file and click Upload.
This must be done within the settings for each campaign or event
To edit a fundraising campaign, navigate here: Fundraising > Fundraising Campaigns
Click View next to the campaign you want to edit
Under the Basic Information section, click Edit
Select the Web Template you would like to use from the dropdown menu, then click Submit.
You can also assign a custom template to a specific event.
To edit an event, navigate here: Events > Edit
Select the Web Template you would like to use from the dropdown menu, then click Submit
To upload a custom Email Template, navigate here:
Global Settings cog > Global Settings > Communications > Email > Email Templates > Upload Template
Enter a Template Name to make it easy to identify later.
If you make this template the System Default, all new emails will use this template.
Select your HTML file and click Upload.
These code snippets enable extra functionality when uploading email templates. All of NeonCRM’s included templates have this code built-in. The default width for these sections is 600 pixels. You are welcome to change this to match your template.
To enable tracking and subscription features on your custom templates, add these code sections:
“View Email Online” section code
This is the code for the "View e-mail online" section that you see at the top of the regular NeonCRM e-mails. The code should be placed just below the <body> tag.
<p>If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may <a href="<<View Email Online URL>>">see it online</a></p>
Unsubscribe Email Code
This is the Unsubscribe E-mail code. It should be the last code snippet in the document, just before the </body> tag.
<p>This email was sent to: <<Constituent Email>>. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add our email to your address book or safe list. To unsubscribe from future mailings <a target="_blank" href="<<Unsubscribe URL>>">please click here</a>.</p>
Tell a Friend Code
Use this code to add a link for sharing the email.
<p>To share this email with a friend, <a href="<<Tell Friend URL>>">click here.</a></p>
Email Tracking Code
This code enables NeonCRM to track the statistics for this email. It should be below the Unsubscribe code, just before the </body> tag.
<IMG HEIGHT=1 WIDTH=1 SRC="https://www.z2systems.com/nps/servlet/DisplayLink?orgId=[enter your org id here]&<<emailTrackingId>>&targetUrl=https://www.z2systems.com/np/images/s.gif">
When you see [enter your org id here], this means you need to replace this section with your organization’s Instance Name. Your Instance Name is found in the URL bar of your browser while looking at your login page.
In this case, the instance name is “training”. In a code snippet, you’d start with:
https://www.z2systems.com/nps//servlet/DisplayLink?orgId=[enter your org id here]
and change it to: