Creating & Managing Events
NeonCRM’s Events module provides a rich toolset for creating and managing events and event registrations. You can use NEON to create a page on your website for an event, which can also include an online registration form and accept online credit card payments for registration fees. You can create complex event configurations, like creating breakout sessions within your event or providing multiple ticket prices. When a constituent attends an event, a record of their attendance shows up on their record.
The strength of using NeonCRM’s events module over a third-party service is that you get to take advantage of NeonCRM’s core CRM and see all of your event data in the same place as all of your other constituent data.
Creating and configuring Events
First, you will create a record for the event. This will include basic information such as the name of the event, location, date, and description.
After the basic information has been entered, you can begin to access the advanced event features. These include:
- Event Custom Fields – Add these if you want to collect additional information on your registration forms.
- Event Sessions – Does your event have more than one class or session? Add them here.
- Event Wait List – Define a maximum number of attendees for your event and allow constituents to register for an event wait list.
- Ticket Prices – Use tickets to set up different prices for your event.
- Event Resources – Make notes of equipment or resources your event will require.
- Event Waiver Statements – Any agreement that your registrants are required to complete prior to your event.
- Event Projects – Let constituents sign up to work at your event.
- Customize Online Event Registration Form – Add custom content in the header and footer of a standard registration form.
- Event Discounts – Create coupon codes to give discounts to your events.
- Cancel Event Registrations – Remove attendees from the list without deleting the record of the transaction.
3. Publicize your event.
How you do this part is up to you. Each event in NeonCRM can have its own Web Links, including a web page and a registration form. The links are provided at the top of an event’s detail page. Distribute these in emails and link to them from your website.
4. Add registrants and attendees.
You can register constituents for an event in two ways:
- They can register themselves through the NeonCRM web form
- Your staff can register them from within NeonCRM
5. Host your event!
6. Use the information.
Once you’ve collected event data, that information is permanently stored in NeonCRM. You can use Event Reports to compare past events against each other, find everyone who attended a particular event, or even generate name badges for your attendees.