The Action Log provides a detailed history of manipulated records. It records when objects - accounts, Users, transactions - have been created, edited, or deleted by Users or constituents. It shows field-level changes, including old & new values. This allows you to audit your database, tracking where data has been altered and what it was previously.
Due to this level of detail, updates to the action log will not occur instantly. It can take up to 30 minutes for data to appear in the log after the action occurs.
To access the Action Log, go to Tools > Action Log.
- The Object column shows which type of record was impacted. Here are the available objects:
- Accounts (Individual/Company)
- Matching Pledges
- Event Registrations
- Membership Enrollments
- Membership Auto-renewals
- Product Purchases
- Recurring Donation Schedules
- Action will show the relevant change, whether created, edited, or deleted.
- Note that a duplicate merge will produce two change records: an Edit for the kept account and a Delete for the merged.
- Performed on will show the time of the change and who performed it - constituent account or User.
- Account Impacted will provide a link to the constituent's account, the name of the deleted account, or the name of the User.
- Summary varies depending on the Action.
- Create records will show a few key pieces of information (ID, Amount, Origin Category, etc).
- Edit records will show both the old and new values field by field.
- Delete records will show the User's Comment. The earlier create record for the same object will retain a few key pieces of information on the deleted object.
Use the filters to isolate change records from a particular time period or User, for example.
Use the search bar to look for changes made to a particular account.
To the Action Log, select the Export icon and your desired output format: Excel or CSV.
The export will take a few minutes to run. Once it is ready, only the User who requested it will receive a notification that the Action Log export is ready. Click the notification to download the file.