Campaigns are the most common way of categorizing donations. Typically, a Campaign is used to track how donations came to your organization, such as a special fundraising event, annual appeal, or year-end fundraising drive. Campaigns can also have their own specialized online donation form.
Campaigns can be organized with a tiered structure, which means you can designate a parent campaign and then assign various child/sub-campaigns to that parent group.
You can assign a campaign to both donations and events in Neon. We recommend using the same campaign for donations and events you wish to link together.
A list of all your campaigns can be found under Fundraising > Campaigns. These can also be accessed in System Settings > Home/Dashboard > Payments & Transactions > Allocation > Campaigns.
Below is a description of what you can do while on this screen.
- The Sortable Campaign View is the default campaign list view. In this view you can sort the list by any of the headers and utilize the pagination to navigate the list further.
- Clicking on Campaign Hierarchy View will organize all sub-campaign(s) to be displayed below their parent campaign all on one page.
- The Show/Hide Inactive Campaigns button allows you to toggle between active and inactive campaigns.
- Under the Action header you can select View to access a campaign's settings and statistics and click Delete to delete a campaign.
- The Export Table button allows you to export the campaign list in either Sortable or Hierarchy views as a CSV or EXCEL file.
From your Campaign list, click the 'Add New Campaign' button to create a new fundraising campaign.
From the Campaign: New page, enter your campaign information.
Name is the only required field for Campaigns. Code is only for internal reference use.
The Goal field is where you specify a dollar amount as your fundraising goal. If you fill this out, you can enable a thermometer widget that displays on the campaign web page.
Set a date range.
Mark as default:
- Marking the campaign as Default will make NeonCRM assume this is the campaign to be used for all donations and events. The default campaign is selected automatically when a system user enters a donation from the back end. Of course, staff can always select a different campaign for each donation, but if most of your donations will go to this one, it’s handy to set it.
Apply to front end (online) donations
- When you mark a campaign as the default, you are given an additional option to Apply to front end (online) donations. Selecting this option means that all online donations to your Standard Donation Form will be assigned to the default campaign.
- If a constituent makes a donation while registering for an event, a membership or purchasing a store product, then that donation will be attributed to the campaign that you have designated as the default for online donations.
If you've created an alternate web template, you can select it here to apply it to this campaign.
Selecting a Parent Campaign will organize this campaign as a sub-campaign underneath the one you select here.
Primary solicitation defines what method you will be using most of the time to ask for donations, like Phone or Email. You can also designate the Fund and Purpose for donations to this campaign.
Setting the Donation Level replaces the free-entry donation amount field with a set of specified values. Specify which configuration of donations levels to pull from your system settings.
The Status setting determines whether or not the campaign donation form and any associated social fundraising forms are available online. Setting the status to Active makes the donation form available for use. Once donations have been assigned to them, campaigns generally cannot be deleted. This is to preserve donation information. If you want to disable a campaign as an option, you would set its status from Active to Inactive.
Changing the campaign status to Inactive makes the online donation form (and social fundraising forms) for the campaigns inaccessible. You can always change the status later if you want to allow constituents to donate to this campaign in the future.
Support Social Fundraising will enable the web page features for your constituents to set up their own peer-to-peer fundraising pages. This feature is part of the NeonCRM's Social Fundraising Module.
When enabled, a field is automatically added to the bottom of that campaign donation form asking the donor if they want to credit this donation to this Social Fundraiser. The drop down will list all fundraisers for that campaign. This field will only display once there are fundraisers for this particular campaign.
Now that your campaign is created, you can configure the web pages that your constituents will see. These pages will be visible to the public. When you distribute the links to these pages, constituents will be able to go to your campaign page and make a donation to the campaign. The two links visible on this page are:
- Campaign Page Link - A link to the web page with details about this fundraising campaign
- Campaign Donation Form Link - A link to the unique donation web form for this campaign
Click Check next to a link to view the page in your browser.
The lower sections of the campaign information page are where you configure the content visible on the Campaign's web pages.
Your campaign page is the place where you publish information about your campaign. From here, you can link to the other pages NeonCRM creates for your campaign.
Click Edit to add or change the content found on the Campaign Page Link. Use the editor to build your page, and click Submit when you are done.
The default fields that will appear on a newly created campaign donation form are determined by your settings for the Standard Form configuration in the Form Customization Utility.
You can get to this two ways:
At the top of the campaign's detail page, click Configure Campaign Donation Form.
Or Navigate to: System Settings > Home/Dashboard > Configure Fields & Sections
- Standard Form configuration: this option allows you to configure the Standard Donation Form as well as the forms for any campaign that does not have a custom configuration.
- Customize a campaign: the campaigns in this list are using the Standard Form configuration. Select one to customize fields and sections for just this campaign.
- Edit a Customized Campaign: the campaigns in this list already have a customized configuration. Select a campaign from this list to edit the configuration of its form.
Follow the steps in the form customization utility to add or remove specific fields and sections for any of the above form configurations.
These editable content areas appear at the top and bottom of your campaign donation forms. Click Edit to add or change the content found in these sections. Use the editor to edit the content, and click Submit when you are done.
Once you enter a campaign Goal, you will be able to configure a thermometer widget under the Campaign Thermometer & Participant List Control section at the bottom of the campaign detail page.
Click "Edit Setting" to configure the appearance of your thermometer, and click Save Widget if you are using the new thermometer widget, or, l if you are using the Classic Thermometer widget, click Submit at the bottom. On the next screen you will see a preview of the thermometer.
Want to place the thermometer to the left or right of your text? This can be done by adding a table to the NeonCRM webpage you are embedding the code snippet on.
A table can be added by using this icon in the WYSIWYG editor:
The table can be as simple as 2 columns by 1 row. Once inserted, open the source editor and and place the code snippet in between your desired <td> tags and your desired text in the other.
Below is the above shown code that you can copy & paste into the source editor:
<table border="1" cellpadding="1" style="width:500px;">
<td>Place Code Snippet Here</td>
<td>Place Text Here</td>
- Fundraising Setup & Reporting (Video)
- Campaign Thermometer Widget
- Payment & Transaction System Settings
- Social Fundraising for System Users
- Fundraising System Settings
- Recurring Donations