Prospects is NeonCRM's moves management system and can be used to track any series of related activities – they don’t have to be financial, but they’re often helpful for tracking the progress of fundraising efforts.
A good example of a way to use the Prospect feature would be a major gift ask. You could create a Prospect for the ask itself, then create related activities for the phone call, lunches, etc. that are leading to that ask.
The main Prospect dashboard can be found by navigating to Accounts > Prospects.
From this page, you can filter the list of activities by nearly any prospect data field. Select your options from the drop-down menus and click Search. Click on the column headers to sort the results.
To change which information is displayed, click Select Columns.
For a quick preview, hover over the Notes or Activities to see any notes you've added.
When you create a prospect, NeonCRM will add the Prospect on the constituent's account. From the Prospect dashboard, or from an account's record, click New Prospect.
- System User – This is the NeonCRM staff user to whom the prospect (or "ask") is assigned.
- Account – This is the person who is the prospect. Use the magnifying glass icon to search your database for their record.
- Status – This is the status of the progress toward the ask of the prospect.
- Custom Status – Like Status, this is an indicator of progress. You can change the values of this field in System Settings > System Settings Home > Contact Activity > Edit Prospect Assignment Custom Status Type. Learn more about setting up Custom Status.
- Ask Date – This date that you intend to ask for a donation.
- Ask Amount – The amount that you intend to ask for.
- Pledge Date – The date when the client makes a pledge.
- Pledge Amount – The amount the client has pledged.
- Campaign – The NeonCRM Campaign this donation should be attributed to. Learn about setting up Campaigns.
- Purpose – The NeonCRM Purpose this donation should be attributed to. Learn about setting up Purposes.
- Social Fundraiser – This field is used to track a Social Fundraiser who helped with this prospect. Only designated Social Fundraisers who have a Social Fundraiser page will be available in this drop-down menu. Learn more about Social Fundraising.
- Solicitor – This field is used to track a Solicitor who assisted with this prospect. Only individual accounts and system users that have been defined as solicitors will be available in this drop-down menu. Learn more about Solicitors.
- Note – This field is for adding any additional relevant information to this prospect.
- File Upload – This allows you to attach a file to a prospect, such as a Word document, PDF, or image. This file can be accessed by staff users only. Click Browse to select a file, then click Upload to attach it.
The Prospect record can be accessed from either the Prospect dashboard or from the Prospect's account page. From the prospect record, you can add activities, record pledges, and record donations.
For a quick overview, you can check on the most recent and upcoming activities and add additional activities directly from the Prospect Dashboard.
Find the Prospect report by going to Reports > New Report >Activity and Prospect.
The Prospect Report returns a list of prospects created on NeonCRM accounts. You can search for prospects based on prospect data such as created date, campaign, status, system user etc., or based on activity data and/or basic contact information on the associated account.
The available output columns also include profile information about the associated account, such as yearly/overall transaction totals, first and last transaction dates, contact information, etc.
The "Prospect" search category, criteria, and output columns are also available in the below account based reports.
- Mailing Report
- All Accounts Report
- Email List (Audience) Report
- Stats Report
A limited selection of both search criteria and output columns is available in the Activity Report.