In NeonCRM, an "incomplete" transaction is one that has a status of Pending, Declined, or Errored. These could be for the following reasons:
- The amount paid is less than the amount owed
- An offline payment was recorded with a status of Pending
- An online payment (credit card or e-check) was declined through your Payment Gateway
- An online payment (credit card or e-check) was declined through Neon Payment Processing
- There was an error in transmission when attempting to process a payment through your Payment Gateway
The easiest way to view and access these transactions is through the Incomplete Transactions widget on your Admin Dashboard:
Click View Transactions to see the detailed list.
Alternatively, you can navigate here:
Account Home/Dashboard > To Do List > Failed Transactions
Clicking "Failed Transactions" will take you to the same list.
For declined transactions, you can hover your mouse over the status to see the error message from your gateway provider telling you why the credit card or e-check was declined. You can also Retry the transaction directly from the list.
Click on any row in the list to see the transaction details.
From here, you have three options:
1) Retry the transaction. You can Retry transactions to re-process the credit card. It is good to check with the constituent prior to retrying the payment.
2) Cancel the transaction. Click Cancel to keep the record of the transaction in your system and remove it from the list of Pending Payments.
3) Delete the transaction. Click on the Delete button at the top of the page to permanently remove this record from your system.
If you retry the payment and it is successful, you will see a "Transaction Successful" message and be given an option to send the appropriate notification(s) to the constituent.
If you retry the payment and it is still declined, you will see a declined error message.
Click Edit Payment Details to view the payment details. From here, you can replace the credit card or e-check information.
Make the necessary changes to the payment information from the Gateway Payment page. You will then have two options:
- To re-send the payment to your gateway provider to be processed, click the 'Submit Changes to [name of payment processor]' button.
- To update the payment information on this page without re-sending it to your Gateway for processing, simply click 'Save Changes' instead.