Join Mary Cahalane of Hands on Fundraising, a certified Neon One Partner, to discuss the importance of donor retention. What strategies can you use to engage your 2016 donors, and retain them into 2017? How can you look forward to encouraging your new 2017 donors to make a repeat gift? Join us for tips, strategies, and best practices to grow your fundraising in the coming year.
Slides from the presentation are available here:Donor Retention presentation NEON.pdf
- It costs more to gain new donors than to retain donors, but it takes different work.
- Tips for Retaining your Donor Base:
- Be available. Have good customer service.
- Do donors identify as your donors? Usually donors don't. People give in order to cause a change in the world. Increase affiliation by boosting the focus on what you do to affect the world with their money.
- Inspire trust by being reliable, consistent, and committed to your donors. Highlight what you've been able to do with durable support in addition to highlighting your first time or new donors.
- 10 Year-end Giving Statistics Every Fundraiser Should Know
- Donor Feedback
- The Best Fundraising Ideas I Ever Stole