This recorded webinar will advise you on how to prepare for your annual fundraising event, specifically how to maximize your fundraising potential.
Before the Event:
Tip 1: Spark Passion, Be Creative with your Marketing Materials
Utilize marketing materials & know when to hire a professional
Don’t be afraid to “brand” your event: create guidelines around images, graphics, colors and fonts
- Have a targeted marketing plan
Tip 2: Connect your Event to a Fundraising Campaign
- In Neon, by creating a Campaign, you will be able to see the money from both donations and event registrations
- People can make additional donations on your event registration form that will be directed to that campaign
- You can use a separate donation form your event and ask people to donate if they don't attend
Tip 3: Engage your Board of Directors or Event Committee
- Use Neon saved reports to show how your ticket sales and donations are going
- Engage your Board or Committee as Social Fundraisers
Tip 4: Use Neon Event Sessions for additional paid options
- Can you find a way to monetize additional pieces of your event?
- Alcohol Packages?
- Mulligans at a Golf Tournament?
- Be creative! Find ways to cover your costs or charge for add-ons that don’t cost you money.
At the Event:
Tip 5: Be prepared to take credit card donations at the event
- Use the Neon App
- Use the Neon Swiper
Tip 6: Recognize your Monthly Donors
- Include recognition for your monthly donors at the event and you'll achieve two goals at once: solidify the donors' standing in your organization and encourage new gifts.
After the Event:
Tip 7: After the event, thank your attendees and donors
- Decide on your strategy to thank your donors before the event or it will get delayed in the post event cleanup
- Thank people for attending and celebrate what you raised together
- Make it immediate; have an email scheduled to send a day or 2 after the event
- If you use Neon Email Audiences and Campaigns, you can create your Email Audience based upon Event Attendees and schedule an Email Campaign to send a day or two after the event. Your Email Audience will dynamically update with any last minute attendees that are added to your Neon system before the email sends.
Tip 8: Find a special way to thank you Board of Directors or Committee Members
- Hand written notes are always appreciated!
- Are there program participants who could write thank you notes?
- Recognize their contribution in your newsletter.