Brand new to QuickBooks or have a “mess” to clean up? Hear from the experts at QuickBooks Made Easy — the leading provider of support and training for nonprofits using QuickBooks. You’ll learn:
- What QuickBooks products are available?
- Which QuickBooks product is the best for me?
- Getting around in the Online version
- Proper Set Up of the Chart of Accounts
- Where and how to track my programs
- Where and how to enter my Donors, Members or Students
- How to enter Budgets
- Getting Budget to Actual Reports easily
- QuickBooks and Neon Integration (Eliminate double entry work)
Slides from the presentation are available here:
- QuickBooks Online: QuickBooks Made Easy_QB Online.pptx
- QuickBooks Desktop: QuickBooks Made Easy_QB Desktop.pptx
- How to decide between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop (not considering the integration with Neon): if it is important to be able to split your payroll out of your income for programs, QuickBooks Desktop is a better fit.
- Limit the number of accounts you have. For example, do not have a separate account for each grantor/customer/donor. Additionally, base your accounts around the categories you need to report on with your taxes.
- Record expenses with "natural categories"- the easily understood categories you will need expenses broken out into. In addition, allow your expense accounts to be easily divided between programs/services and overhead.
- Enter individual gifts as sales receipts instead of deposits.
- You should have a product/service for each income account.
- Video on how to connect QuickBooks with Neon
- QuickBooks guides in Neon
- Curious about what's new with QuickBooks? Here's their blog.
- Interested in QuickBooks Made Easy? Check them out here.