Are you brand new to using QuickBooks or have a “mess” to clean up? If so, this webinar is for you!
Make sure your books are in order and give yourself a fresh start with QuickBooks basics for nonprofit users! Facilitated by Gregg Bossen, THE leader in Quickbooks for Nonprofits and owner of Quickbooks Made Easy, an official Neon One partner, this is one session you will not want to miss.
- What QuickBooks products are available?
- Which QuickBooks product is the best for me?
- Getting around in the Online version
- Proper Set Up of the Chart of Accounts
- Where and how to track my programs
- Where and how to enter my Donors, Members or Students
- How to enter Budgets
- Getting Budget to Actual Reports easily
- QuickBooks and Neon Integration (Eliminate double entry work)
Slides from the presentation are available here:
- QuickBooks Online: QBME Webinar-NEON QB Online.pdf
- QuickBooks Desktop: QuickBooks Made Easy_QB Desktop.pptx
- How to decide between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop (not considering the integration with Neon): if it is important to be able to split your payroll out of your income for programs, QuickBooks Desktop is a better fit.
- Limit the number of accounts you have. For example, do not have a separate account for each grantor/customer/donor. Additionally, base your accounts around the categories you need to report on with your taxes.
- Record expenses with "natural categories"- the easily understood categories you will need expenses broken out into. In addition, allow your expense accounts to be easily divided between programs/services and overhead.
- Enter individual gifts as sales receipts instead of deposits.
- You should have a product/service for each income account.
- Video on how to connect QuickBooks with Neon
- QuickBooks guides in Neon
- Curious about what's new with QuickBooks? Here's their blog.
- Interested in QuickBooks Made Easy? Check them out here.